Simple Sweet Teriyaki
Combine the following ingredients in large Ziploc bag, or non-metal baking pan.
- fillet(s) of King or Coho salmon
- 1+ cup soy sauce (I prefer Braggs Liquid Aminos seems a little less salty)
- 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
- half of a large sweet onion – sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons grated or thin-sliced fresh ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic – smashed
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce (optional)
Cover fish with marinade for 15-30 minutes. Set grill to high heat and oil grill surface. Place fish flesh side down on grill for a couple minutes until grill marks and slight char appear. (flipping too soon and meat might stick to grill, flip too late and might have too much char). Flip fillet to skin side down and lower heat to medium/medium high. Put onion, garlic, and ginger on top of the fillet and pour marinade mixture over to glaze. Cook until flaky and moist. Adjust cook time according to the thickness of fillet and temperature of grill, usually 8-12 minutes give or take. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top as a garnish.